Re: pg_dump vs pg_dumpall - small database cluster,

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: pg_dump vs pg_dumpall - small database cluster,
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, C. Bensend wrote:

> >>   pg_dumpall seems to do this for me, without any command-line args
> >> needed.  Am I correct in saying that 'pg_dumpall > filename' will
> >> produce
> >> a PostgreSQL dump that includes _everything_ I need to go from a clean
> >> PG install to accepting connections again with data intact?  Users,
> >> passwords, etc?
> >>

> > and the owner of pg_dumpall process must be a database superuser.
>
> Absolutely...  I'm running this directly on the database server, as the
> PostgreSQL superuser, so permissions aren't an issue.  I just want to be
> very sure that pg_dumpall is getting absolutely everything I need,
> because I don't have the resources at this site to do full filesystem
> backups of this host.

Note that in the past, occasional dependency issues have cause pg_dumpall
to fail for certain users.  I myself had it happen with a customer
sequence a little while ago on 7.2.4.  Unfortunately, I'm unable to
reproduce the sequence of events that caused it, so I can't really report
it as a bug.