Re: pg_dump vs pg_dumpall - small database cluster,

От C. Bensend
Тема Re: pg_dump vs pg_dumpall - small database cluster,
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
>>   pg_dumpall seems to do this for me, without any command-line args
>> needed.  Am I correct in saying that 'pg_dumpall > filename' will
>> produce
>> a PostgreSQL dump that includes _everything_ I need to go from a clean
>> PG install to accepting connections again with data intact?  Users,
>> passwords, etc?
>>

> and the owner of pg_dumpall process must be a database superuser.

Absolutely...  I'm running this directly on the database server, as the
PostgreSQL superuser, so permissions aren't an issue.  I just want to be
very sure that pg_dumpall is getting absolutely everything I need,
because I don't have the resources at this site to do full filesystem
backups of this host.

Thanks much!

Benny

--
"Hey, get in here, Boozy!  You're late for your drunkening!"
                                                    -- Moe, "The Simpsons"