Re: Pgsql crashes frequently

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Pgsql crashes frequently
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Ganesan Kanavathy wrote:

> We are running Postgresql db and it crashes almost every hour Unable to
> load up pgsql after a crash.
>
> We need to restart the server to start back pg.
>
> What would be the cause of this problem. Please help.

Bad hardware.  Check for bad memory, CPU, or hard drive.

Or, your machine is running low on memory and the kernel is killing
processes randomly to free up memory.  That's not as likely, but it does
happen in some setups.

www.memtest86.com for a decent free memory tester for X86 architecture.

Сообщение: Re: Checking Postgres Database
Сообщение: Re: Checking Postgres Database