Re: Pgsql crashes frequently

От Ganesan Kanavathy
Тема Re: Pgsql crashes frequently
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

When I check the logfile it is stated there:

"pcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=1466368, 03600) failed: Invalid argument

This error usually means that PostgreSQL's request for a shared memory segment exceeded your kernel's SHMMAX parameter.  You can either reduce the request size or reconfigure the kernel with larger SHMMAX.

To reduce the request size (currently 1466368 bytes), reduce PostgreSQL's shared_buffers parameter (currently 64) and/or its max_connections parameter (currently 32).

If the request size is already small, it's possible that it is less than your kernel's SHMMIN parameter, in which case raising the request size or reconfiguring SHMMIN is called for.

The PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide contains more information about shared memory configuration."

I really got no idea what this means. How do I solve this?

What SHMMAX and SHMMIN and how I calculate this value? I have a 1GB of memory.

Regards,
ganesh