Re: psql only on client (RPM)

От Roderick A. Anderson
Тема Re: psql only on client (RPM)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Lamar Owen wrote:

> Install postgresql-libs and postgresql.  I think that should be everything you
> need, if I've set it up correctly.  If you had a custom app that only needed
> libpq, you could just intall postgresql-libs (such as php or perl-DBI/DBD).
> But psql itself lives in the postgresql rpm, and libpq in postgresql-libs.

Found and tried a cheap trick.  FWIW, I'm running Pg in a vserver and
needed the psql in another vserver.  Copying psql into the vserver worked
good enough to get my application to install.

   A thought that comes to mind is client-only packages (really trimmed
down) for each platform.  Not sure about the Windows systems but seems to
me and the U**X like systems would/could use this.  I do use the ODBC
driver on a couple of Windows systems but I could have really benefited
from a 'psql -h example.com' option many times on systems where Pg is not
installed.

Rod