Re: psql only on client (RPM)

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: psql only on client (RPM)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday 09 July 2003 19:38, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> I just sorted out an arp table issue that was keeping me from connecting
> to a remote database but now the installation script I'm using requires
> psql on a pretty much stripped down system, ie. no Pg installed.

> This was addressed on this list at least once but searches in the archives
> yielded no results (for me).  What RPM(s) do I need to get just the client
> pieces to use psql?

Install postgresql-libs and postgresql.  I think that should be everything you
need, if I've set it up correctly.  If you had a custom app that only needed
libpq, you could just intall postgresql-libs (such as php or perl-DBI/DBD).
But psql itself lives in the postgresql rpm, and libpq in postgresql-libs.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio