What Do I Need To Install ?

От Peter Moscatt
Тема What Do I Need To Install ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am using Mandrake 9.1 where I have been using MySQL up until now and
become a tad dissalusioned by it and would like to give PostgreSql a go.

I am wanting to develop an app using KDEvelop as the programming tool.
My app is required to access a database therefore need C/C++ API.

I notice on the Mandrake CD set that there is a number of RPMs I can
install, being:

postgresql
postgresql-contrib
postgresql-devel
postgresql-docs
postgresql-server
postgresql-test

For what I am trying to achieve - what do I need to install ?

Pete