Re: pg JDBC driver feature question

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: pg JDBC driver feature question
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
> > 1. The DatabaseMetaData.supportsIntegrityEnhancement method returns
> > false for me using the pg73jdbc2ee.jar driver.  Perhaps I just don't
> > fully understand what this method actually means, but I would have
> > expected it to return true, since PostgreSQL (the database) supports
> > referential integrity constraints?  Or am I confused about two different
> > things.
>
> If IntegrityEnhancementFacility = integrity constraints then yes the
> driver should return true.  But I really don't know what
> IntegretyEnhancementFacility means.  It isn't discussed in either the
> jdbc javadoc or the jdbc specs.  It is entirely possible that it implies
> a lot more than just plain integrity constraints in which case returning
> false for this method may be the correct thing to do.

Looking at the javadoc I can't see anything else about integrity
constraints, so I'd have to believe that this is what they mean.  It seems
if this was for something above and beyond regular constraints they'd have
something for the base level as well.  I think we should return true.

> > 2. Is the DatabaseMetaData.getExportedKeys method fully implemented in
> > the Driver?  Specifically, I would like to identify all of the foreign
> > key tables that depend on a specified table's primary key using the
> > FKTABLE_NAME column.

It works for foreign keys which reference a primary key, but does not work
for columns referencing a unique index.

Kris Jurka