Re: pg JDBC driver feature question

От Barry Lind
Тема Re: pg JDBC driver feature question
Дата
Re: pg JDBC driver feature question  (Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Erik,

thanks,
--Barry

Erik Price wrote:
> Is there a place that I can find out all of the features supported by
> the PostgreSQL JDBC driver, or the ones that are not yet ready?
>
> In short, I am curious about two things --
>
> 1. The DatabaseMetaData.supportsIntegrityEnhancement method returns
> false for me using the pg73jdbc2ee.jar driver.  Perhaps I just don't
> fully understand what this method actually means, but I would have
> expected it to return true, since PostgreSQL (the database) supports
> referential integrity constraints?  Or am I confused about two different
> things.

If IntegrityEnhancementFacility = integrity constraints then yes the
driver should return true.  But I really don't know what
IntegretyEnhancementFacility means.  It isn't discussed in either the
jdbc javadoc or the jdbc specs.  It is entirely possible that it implies
a lot more than just plain integrity constraints in which case returning
false for this method may be the correct thing to do.

> 2. Is the DatabaseMetaData.getExportedKeys method fully implemented in
> the Driver?  Specifically, I would like to identify all of the foreign
> key tables that depend on a specified table's primary key using the
> FKTABLE_NAME column.
>
> I'm just trying to nail down whether the bug I'm experiencing in my
> development is something I've overlooked or if it could possibly be an
> unfinished implementation of the driver.

I believe this has already been answered, but the short answer is it
should work.  It would be a bug if it didn't.

thanks,
--Barry