pg JDBC driver feature question

От Erik Price
Тема pg JDBC driver feature question
Дата
Re: pg JDBC driver feature question  (Barry Lind <blind@xythos.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Is there a place that I can find out all of the features supported by
the PostgreSQL JDBC driver, or the ones that are not yet ready?

In short, I am curious about two things --

1. The DatabaseMetaData.supportsIntegrityEnhancement method returns
false for me using the pg73jdbc2ee.jar driver.  Perhaps I just don't
fully understand what this method actually means, but I would have
expected it to return true, since PostgreSQL (the database) supports
referential integrity constraints?  Or am I confused about two different
things.

2. Is the DatabaseMetaData.getExportedKeys method fully implemented in
the Driver?  Specifically, I would like to identify all of the foreign
key tables that depend on a specified table's primary key using the
FKTABLE_NAME column.

I'm just trying to nail down whether the bug I'm experiencing in my
development is something I've overlooked or if it could possibly be an
unfinished implementation of the driver.

Thanks very much if you can give me any hints at all.

Erik