Re: pg JDBC driver feature question

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: pg JDBC driver feature question
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Erik Price schrieb:
> 2. Is the DatabaseMetaData.getExportedKeys method fully implemented in
> the Driver?  Specifically, I would like to identify all of the foreign
> key tables that depend on a specified table's primary key using the
> FKTABLE_NAME column.
>
> I'm just trying to nail down whether the bug I'm experiencing in my
> development is something I've overlooked or if it could possibly be an
> unfinished implementation of the driver.

To my knowledge this works pretty well. I have a SQL tool which display the
foreign key constraints for a table. It is using plain JDBC calls, and
works well with postgres (7.2.x and 7.3.x)

I have to admit that I haven't analyzed really complex databases with this.

Although I did see some quirks with older JDBC drivers such as: the full FK
definition appeared the FK_NAME column (something like
fk_name\000fk_colum_base_table\000fk_column_target or something similar, I
can't remember now)

But as far as I can tell these problems went away with the current build
110 of the JDBC driver.

Thomas

От: Erik Price
Сообщение: pg JDBC driver feature question
От: Erik Price
Сообщение: Re: pg JDBC driver feature question