Re: updatable (J2EE) resultsets

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: updatable (J2EE) resultsets
Дата
Re: updatable (J2EE) resultsets  (Barry Lind <blind@xythos.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 23 Dec 2002, Dave Cramer wrote:

> BTW, I only apply to the HEAD, we have never patched to the current
> version. Barry and I have talked about it recently, obviously you think
> this is "abnormal". What are your opinions about it?

This means that the driver we ship with 7.3.0 will be exactly the same as
7.3.1 and 7.3.2 and so on.  The .0 release of the server and the driver
will generally bring about the discovery of bugs in both.  The server bugs
are fixed and a new release is put out .1, but the driver bugs are only
fixed in HEAD and our only advice is to run a driver from CVS head.  This
is something our users don't want to do because it requires a cvs checkout
and running untested code.  I think the policy for the driver should match
that for the server: new features go into HEAD while bug fixes go into
both the stable and development branches.

Kris Jurka