Re: updatable (J2EE) resultsets

От Barry Lind
Тема Re: updatable (J2EE) resultsets
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Kris,

I agree the driver should be like the server in this regard.  That means
that some bugfixes will get put into the 7.3 branch.  But just like the
server where only a small set of critical but non destabilizing fixes
get back patched the same should apply to the jdbc driver.

--Barry

Kris Jurka wrote:
> On 23 Dec 2002, Dave Cramer wrote:
>

>>BTW, I only apply to the HEAD, we have never patched to the current
>>version. Barry and I have talked about it recently, obviously you think
>>this is "abnormal". What are your opinions about it?
>>

> This means that the driver we ship with 7.3.0 will be exactly the same as
> 7.3.1 and 7.3.2 and so on.  The .0 release of the server and the driver
> will generally bring about the discovery of bugs in both.  The server bugs
> are fixed and a new release is put out .1, but the driver bugs are only
> fixed in HEAD and our only advice is to run a driver from CVS head.  This
> is something our users don't want to do because it requires a cvs checkout
> and running untested code.  I think the policy for the driver should match
> that for the server: new features go into HEAD while bug fixes go into
> both the stable and development branches.
>
> Kris Jurka

Сообщение: Re: updatable (J2EE) resultsets
Сообщение: Re: updatable (J2EE) resultsets