PostgreSQL vs Postgres

От Christopher Murtagh
Тема PostgreSQL vs Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
 First off, Joshua, great book, it has saved me a lot of head scratching.
Thanks.

 Secondly, since the ancestor is Ingres (and not IngreSQL) and the name is
a play on *Post* Ingres... and the default user (that I've always created
anyway) is Postgres... to me Postgres is the clear winner. Besides,
whenever I mention 'Postgres' to anyone (accent in the first syllable),
they've always known what I was talking about.

 Anyway, just my $0.02.

Cheers,

Chris

--