Re: Odd new symptom - database locking up on a query

От Doug Fields
Тема Re: Odd new symptom - database locking up on a query
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 12:12 AM 7/7/2002, Tom Lane wrote:
>Doug Fields <dfields-pg-general@pexicom.com> writes:
> > At a certain point, a query hangs, then another, then another, until
> all my
> > connections are blocked. My application completely comes to a halt.
>
>Are they actually hung, or just taking an unreasonable amount of time?
>
>Can you attach to some of the busy backends with gdb and get stack
>traces?

After increasing my "human patience interval" to a suitable amount
(>3,600,000 milliseconds), it seems that they're actually "just taking an
unreasonable amount of time." Of course, "unreasonable" in this case means
to me "more than a fraction of a second." They're "hanging" with full CPU
usage during this time.

I will do as you suggest. If Debian doesn't provide symbols in the
executable, I'll recompile it, I guess.

Thanks,

Doug