Обсуждение: PostgreSQL vs Postgres

PostgreSQL vs Postgres

От
Christopher Murtagh
Дата:
 First off, Joshua, great book, it has saved me a lot of head scratching.
Thanks.

 Secondly, since the ancestor is Ingres (and not IngreSQL) and the name is
a play on *Post* Ingres... and the default user (that I've always created
anyway) is Postgres... to me Postgres is the clear winner. Besides,
whenever I mention 'Postgres' to anyone (accent in the first syllable),
they've always known what I was talking about.

 Anyway, just my $0.02.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh
Webmaster / Sysadmin

Tel.: (514) 398-3122
Fax:  (514) 398-2017

Re: PostgreSQL vs Postgres

От
Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder
Дата:
On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 00:36, Christopher Murtagh wrote:

>  Secondly, since the ancestor is Ingres (and not IngreSQL) and the name is
> a play on *Post* Ingres... and the default user (that I've always created

iirc iot was more like the direct ancestor of PostgreSQL was Postgres,
which stems from Ingres.

But of course I'm also just talking of 'postgres'.

cheers
-- vbi

--
secure email with gpg                         http://fortytwo.ch/gpg

Вложения

Re: PostgreSQL vs Postgres

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Christopher Murtagh wrote:

> First off, Joshua, great book, it has saved me a lot of head scratching.
>Thanks.

Thanks :) but I am not sure what the rest of this message is in
reference to. :)