Re: Status of 7.2

От Tille, Andreas
Тема Re: Status of 7.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I also have created a post-7.2 list of items that are either patches
> that need to be applied or discussed for 7.3.  That is at:
>
>     http://candle.pha.pa.us/cgi-bin/pgpatches2
>
> This list is longer than usual.  Seems we have quite a number of things
> in-progress that can be worked on as soon as 7.2 is complete.  If there
> are things there than can be decided now, please dig in and send an
> email to the hackers list.
>
> Once we start 7.3, I will use that list to request patches to complete
> these items.  Because we are done development on 7.2, people can start
> working on patches now.  If you send them to the lists, I will load them
> up on the page and apply them as soon as 7.3 starts.
Sorry, I´m really unable to send patches but I have a feature request
which was addressed in the thread "Serious performance problem" on this
list.  It mainly concerns the performance increase if there would be
an index scan method which doesn´t have to check the validity of data
in the table.  I´m just waiting for a statement from you guys if you
think it will be doable in 7.3 (while now started to optimize my
database as you suggested ;-).)  I think this would increase acceptance
of PostgreSQL for certain people here in Germany which have real influence
on decisions about database in medical diagnostics and care in Germany.

Kind regards
        Andreas.