Re: Status of 7.2

От Christof Petig
Тема Re: Status of 7.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> OK, 7.2 is looking _very_ good.  We have very few open items.  They are:
>
>         Source Code Changes
>         -------------------
>         Compile in syslog feature by default? (Peter, Tom)
>         AIX compile (Tatsuo)
>         Libpq++ compile on Solaris (Peter)
>
>         Documentation Changes
>         ---------------------
>
> The always-updated list is at:
>
>         ftp://candle.pha.pa.us/pub/postgresql/open_items.
>
> I also have created a post-7.2 list of items that are either patches
> that need to be applied or discussed for 7.3.  That is at:
>
>         http://candle.pha.pa.us/cgi-bin/pgpatches2
>
> This list is longer than usual.  Seems we have quite a number of things
> in-progress that can be worked on as soon as 7.2 is complete.  If there
> are things there than can be decided now, please dig in and send an
> email to the hackers list.

I would suggest to schedule my patch (the last on the list) for 7.2 since it
finishes the work I began for 7.2.
Since some patches (part of the work/redesign) are in but the last two are
yet unapplied (IIRC Michael is really busy at the moment), I'd vote for not
leaving this work half-done.

Christof