Re: cvs problem

От John Summerfield
Тема Re: cvs problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, John Summerfield wrote:

> > > It is the anoncvs server that's broken.  The committers don't seem to be
> > > having any problem with accesses to the primary server.  I suspect that
> > > there's a umask or group-membership issue on the anoncvs machine only.
> >

> > It seems you don't have to be new here to be a bit peeved about things;-(
> >

> > I'm peeved because I found instructions on how to checkout with anonymous CVS and did so a few times.
> >
> > I had a find old time finding and reporting problems (with the software).
> >
> > Then CVS stopped working because someone thought it a fine idea to reorganise the directory structure, to change
theCVSROOT. No matter the user who had the old one stored on their computers.

> Gee, I didn't realize we were doing it just cuze "someone thought it a
> fine idea"

Then why didn't you put it back the way it had been when it worked? When someone does a cvs login, cvs records the
valuefor CVSROOT.

You made everyone's cvs login fail.

I don't see the sense in that.

And then you diddle round endlessly instead of telling me what I had to do to fix YOUR mistake.

I hope you're in better shape by beta time.

And instead of componding the problem with rudeness, listen to it. You don't have to like the message or the language,
butthere are reasons for both.