Re: cvs problem

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: cvs problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, John Summerfield wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> > > The one thing I can't check is the anoncvs directory.  Not sure if that
> > > is the same as the CVS directory.
> >
> > It is the anoncvs server that's broken.  The committers don't seem to be
> > having any problem with accesses to the primary server.  I suspect that
> > there's a umask or group-membership issue on the anoncvs machine only.
>

> It seems you don't have to be new here to be a bit peeved about things;-(
>

> I'm peeved because I found instructions on how to checkout with anonymous CVS and did so a few times.
>
> I had a find old time finding and reporting problems (with the software).
>
> Then CVS stopped working because someone thought it a fine idea to reorganise the directory structure, to change the
CVSROOT.No matter the user who had the old one stored on their computers.

Gee, I didn't realize we were doing it just cuze "someone thought it a
fine idea"

> I've report it twice, pointing out that what I did before worked, and that I was doing coincided with what the web
pagessaid.

> There was discussion that the web pages were wrong and who's job it was to fix. As an invited guest, I reckon it's
theCVS repository that is wrong. It's wrong because it's different from what worked before.

I just looked in cvs and it looks fine there.

> Time to get your act together fellas.

Gee, I didn't realize we were screwing off.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net        56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo
atPop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com