Re: "Man pages" for embedded postgresql functions ?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: "Man pages" for embedded postgresql functions ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Richard Bayet writes:

> I tried to find in the documentation the "advanced" postgresql
> functions, as "texticregexeq" (I'm currently trying to build a search
> engine for my web sites), but I couldn't find anything seeming to list
> all these functions, their behaviour and their use...

All user space operators and functions (for appropriate values of "all")
are documented in the respective chapter(s) in the PostgreSQL User's Guide
that is available on the web site and in the source and binary
distributions.

\df in psql shows a lot more functions, but most of these have semi- (or
fully) internal purposes.  For example, the "texticregexeq"  function is
the internal function that implements the '~*' regular expression matching
operator.