Обсуждение: "Man pages" for embedded postgresql functions ?

"Man pages" for embedded postgresql functions ?

От
Richard Bayet
Дата:
Hi,

I tried to find in the documentation the "advanced" postgresql
functions, as "texticregexeq" (I'm currently trying to build a search
engine for my web sites), but I couldn't find anything seeming to list
all these functions, their behaviour and their use...

They seems to be pretty powerful, and I think that use of these
functions instead of post-queries treatment in PHP (restricting the
display of the result by a loop+condition) would be much more
efficient...
So, haven't I looked in the right place in documentation ?
Could details on these functions be found on www.postgresql.org ?

Thanks for your help, and excuse my "just woken up"-english :)

Re: "Man pages" for embedded postgresql functions ?

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Richard Bayet writes:

> I tried to find in the documentation the "advanced" postgresql
> functions, as "texticregexeq" (I'm currently trying to build a search
> engine for my web sites), but I couldn't find anything seeming to list
> all these functions, their behaviour and their use...

All user space operators and functions (for appropriate values of "all")
are documented in the respective chapter(s) in the PostgreSQL User's Guide
that is available on the web site and in the source and binary
distributions.

\df in psql shows a lot more functions, but most of these have semi- (or
fully) internal purposes.  For example, the "texticregexeq"  function is
the internal function that implements the '~*' regular expression matching
operator.

Re: "Man pages" for embedded postgresql functions ?

От
Richard Bayet
Дата:
Peter Eisentraut a écrit :

> \df in psql shows a lot more functions, but most of these have semi- (or
> fully) internal purposes.  For example, the "texticregexeq"  function is
> the internal function that implements the '~*' regular expression matching
> operator.

Ok, so that's why I didn't find it in the manual...
I'm not supposed to know about this function .. :)