Re: I can't even get started..... HELP!!!

От R. Paul Warriner
Тема Re: I can't even get started..... HELP!!!
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I struggled with the 50megs version for 4 days, and couldn't get GD to
produce pngs. Apachetoolbox was my answer. It installed everything I
needed.

Advice:
Even if you are running the latest Apache and PHP, do the whole install.
I jumped to fast and tried PHP, before I did the Apache install (over the
same version already installed, and I couldn't get GD to work), but after
I did the Apache install everything was fine. The only caveat is jpeg
aren't being produced, but Brian at Apachetoolbox is looking into it.

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Chris wrote:

> Hey
>
> I've done a "basic" tutorial (well it covers php, apache, postgresql for
> linux)...
>
> http://designmagick.50megs.com/postgresql-tutorial/
>
> I'm hopefully going to turn this into a whole site on using this stuff..
> volunteers for articles / tutorials / hints / tips welcome :)
>
> > >Say, maybe we (or you, or I) could turn this into a tutorial somewhere,
> > >eh? Kind of a "feed the world" sort of thing.
> >
> >Well - I outlined it in this posting,  to let everyone know I was helped
> >quite well,  and to thank everyone and of course making sure others have
> >the solution.
> >
> >But a tutorial sounds like a very good idea,   but don't look at me,   I'm
> >very new to this.    But would sure appreciate a tutorial...   one for each
> >platform,   or groups of platforms.
>
> What platform? I must've missed the other post about this..

R. Paul Warriner
paulw@wzrd.com
http://warriner.wzrd.com/~paulw
Linux user #37729