Re: Rookie in installation-trouble -> PLEEEASE HELP

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Rookie in installation-trouble -> PLEEEASE HELP
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Christoph Lange writes:

> uranus% cd /src
> uranus% mkdir /home/lange/pgsql/arch_ind
> uranus% mkdir /home/lange/pgsql/arch_dep
> uranus% ./configure --prefix=/home/lange/pgsql/arch_ind
> --exec-prefix=/home/lange/pgsql/arch_dep
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This option doesn't work in 7.0.

> uranus% home/lange/pgsql/postgresql-7.0.3/src/bin/initdb/initdb -D
> ~/pgsql2/data
>
> This last command does not work because the files “postgres“,
> „psql“ and „pg_version“ as well as the
> „lib“ directory with all its files are missing.

Probably need to set your PATH.

> Basically no file is at its right place. In the end I could not use the command
> “createdb” since something was wrong with the “libpq.so”
> file. Anybody knows, what this is all about?

Probably need to set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  See installation instructions.

> uranus% gmake install
> ./mkinstalldirs /usr/local/pgsql/bin /usr/local/pgsql/lib
> mkdir /usr/local
> mkdir /usr/local/pgsql
> mkdir /usr/local/pgsql/bin
> mkdir /usr/local
> mkdir /usr/local/pgsql
> mkdir /usr/local/pgsql/lib
> gmake: *** [installdirs] Error 2

Maybe a permission problem.

If you're just getting started, try out the 7.1 pre-releases.  They should
install more easily.