Re: Granting Permissions to User To Access Database

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Granting Permissions to User To Access Database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
R D writes:

> This is one of the features of PgSQL that I do not
> like. It is much nicer to type:
> "grant all on database.table to ....."
> And I asked the developers to do that but they did not
> take it very seriously.

The problem with this approach is that if you do "revoke all on database
from all" you have hosed your system.  Text files allow recovery in these
situations.

> There is one thing I do not like: you can not disallow
> users to create tables. Every user having access to a
> database can create a table in it. This was in the
> todo list of 7.1 but now it is removed. Stupid...

It was not possible to implement it without busting pg_dumpall, thus
creating an upgrading nightmare.  It will be in 7.2.