I18n & Pgaccess ( & psql)

От Leif Jensen
Тема I18n & Pgaccess ( & psql)
Дата
Re: I18n & Pgaccess ( & psql)  (tony <tony@animaproductions.com>)
Список pgsql-general
    Hi all,

  I have been using PostgreSQL for a very long time, but just recently
started to use Pgaccess. Very impressive program ;-).

  I have some problems with international characters and Pgaccess. I don't
seem to be able to figure out where the problem is. When I enter a danish
character (ascii value above 128, e.g. æøå) in a pgaccess table form
(varchar field) it seems to be entered in the database as two bytes. This
indicates to me that somewhere the character set might be multibyte
(UniCode ??). If I enter the same characters using PgAdmin, they are
stored correctly as single byte characters.

  I have been scanning a lot of docs and logs to figure out how to
diagnose the problem, but without luck.

  I'm using

PostgreSQL 7.2.1
Linux 2.2.19 (Slackware 8.0)