Re: I18n & Pgaccess ( & psql)

От tony
Тема Re: I18n & Pgaccess ( & psql)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2002-04-08 at 11:49, Leif Jensen wrote:

>   I have some problems with international characters and Pgaccess. I don't
> seem to be able to figure out where the problem is. When I enter a danish
> character (ascii value above 128, e.g. æøå) in a pgaccess table form
> (varchar field) it seems to be entered in the database as two bytes. This
> indicates to me that somewhere the character set might be multibyte
> (UniCode ??). If I enter the same characters using PgAdmin, they are
> stored correctly as single byte characters.
>
>   I have been scanning a lot of docs and logs to figure out how to
> diagnose the problem, but without luck.

Is your locale set correctly? Tcl/tk is very picky with locale.

I have had accents working but have also learned to live with them not
working. I don't use pgaccess to enter data just to manipulate it. If I
want to insert data record by record I use psql.

Cheers

Tony Grant

--
RedHat Linux on Sony Vaio C1XD/S