Re: [SQL] deleting large objects from jdbc

От Grant
Тема Re: [SQL] deleting large objects from jdbc
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> I've been browsing the newsgroup archives and came across the following:

> delete the
> filled
>
> Does this mean that to delete my large object I need to delete the row
> in my table, and also the row or rows in pg_largeobject. Currently I am
> only deleting the row in my table. I have just been looking at the
> pg_largeobject table, it seems to have more rows than I would expect in
> it. Is the solution to pass these two commands to jdbc?
> delete from my_table where lob_oid = 1234
> delete from pg_largeobject where loid = 1234

Yes or jdbc might have a large object unlink/delete/remove function. I use
PHP and it has a function that will remove the large object for me, but
your solution is just as good imo.

* Another important point to note is that large objects are _not_ backed
up by default.