Re: DB size

От Grant
Тема Re: DB size
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> Hi all. I'm not a good DB admin , thats why I'm posting to this list !
> How can I figure out the size of a database or table ???

It was easier in older versions of postgresql to perform a `du -h` on
the directory that corresponded to the database name. However now they
are named by some type of object id?

Would it be possible for an item to be added to the to do list to perform
a report on a database?

I.e:

 \d{p|S|l|r}      list permissions/system tables/lobjects/ report

Report will contain:

1. Last vacuum time.
2. Space the database is using on the file system.
3. Some other juicy statistics?

Thanks.