how to see column comments?

От Norman J. Clarke
Тема how to see column comments?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I have not been able to get psql to show column comments in version
7.1beta4. Am I doing anything wrong, or is this a bug? A transcript of my
psql session is below.

Norm

norman=# create table test_table (col1 integer);

CREATE

norman=# comment on table test_table is 'this is a table comment';

COMMENT

norman=# \dd test_table

                Object descriptions
    Name    |   Object    |       Description
 test_table | relation(r) | this is a table comment
(1 row)

norman=# comment on column test_table.col1 is 'this is a column comment';

COMMENT

norman=# \dd test_table.col1

     Object descriptions
 Name | Object | Description