Re: Requests for Development

От Andreas Tille
Тема Re: Requests for Development
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Josh Berkus wrote:

> 2. Stored Procedure functionality, i.e. outputting a full recordset from
> a function (or new structure, if functions are hard to adapt) based on
> the last SELECT statement passed to the function.  An alternative would
> be to develop parameterized views, which might be the easiest path.
I'm not really sure if parameterized views are a real alternative.
They would help in some cases, but *real* stored procedures would be
much more powerful.  In my opinion it is also in the sense of easier
porting from databases to PostgreSQL to the benefit od PostgreSQL.

I wonder if there couldn't borrowed some code from Interbase which has
full featured stored procedures - at least it was told to me that it has ...
> 3. Slightly more informative syntax error messages - frankly, just
> grabbing a little more text around the word or punctuation that
> triggered the error would be enormously helpful (I can't tell you the
> number of times I've gotten "Error at or near ')'" in a huge DDL
> statement.
Waht about i18n.  Could PostgreSQL sources gettext-ized?
>     Thanks so much for your ongoing hard work!
Couldn'trepeated often enough alos for the past!

Kind regards
       Andreas.