Re: same postmaster, different directory? V7.0.2

От John McKown
Тема Re: same postmaster, different directory? V7.0.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Brian Horan wrote:

> Howdy, I was wondering if anyone can help me, I'm running Postgres
> version 7.0.2,
> and I have several existing databases in /var and wanted to put one in
> /home, because of disk space.
>
> my only problem is that It will not let me do so, no matter what.
> Postgres was installed via rpm on RatHead 6.2
> and if there is something I can edit in a source file, that is not a
> problem.
>
> Any thoughts? coments?

I haven't tried this, myself. But the User's Guide has a section on
"Alternate Database Locations" and using the $PGDATA2 environment
variable. Have you tried this? I think, in this case, you will need to
change the PostgreSQL startup script to initialize the $PGDATA2
variable. On my RedHat system, this is, /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql
The directory specified must be owned (or at least rwx access) by the
PostgreSQL backend's userid.

John