Обсуждение: same postmaster, different directory? V7.0.2

same postmaster, different directory? V7.0.2

От
Brian Horan
Дата:
Howdy, I was wondering if anyone can help me, I'm running Postgres
version 7.0.2,
and I have several existing databases in /var and wanted to put one in
/home, because of disk space.

my only problem is that It will not let me do so, no matter what.
Postgres was installed via rpm on RatHead 6.2
and if there is something I can edit in a source file, that is not a
problem.

Any thoughts? coments?

yes, I have RTFM'd

--
     ,~,
      v     Brian Horan

Re: same postmaster, different directory? V7.0.2

От
John McKown
Дата:
On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Brian Horan wrote:

> Howdy, I was wondering if anyone can help me, I'm running Postgres
> version 7.0.2,
> and I have several existing databases in /var and wanted to put one in
> /home, because of disk space.
>
> my only problem is that It will not let me do so, no matter what.
> Postgres was installed via rpm on RatHead 6.2
> and if there is something I can edit in a source file, that is not a
> problem.
>
> Any thoughts? coments?

I haven't tried this, myself. But the User's Guide has a section on
"Alternate Database Locations" and using the $PGDATA2 environment
variable. Have you tried this? I think, in this case, you will need to
change the PostgreSQL startup script to initialize the $PGDATA2
variable. On my RedHat system, this is, /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql
The directory specified must be owned (or at least rwx access) by the
PostgreSQL backend's userid.

John

Re: same postmaster, different directory? V7.0.2

От
"Jeremy Buchmann"
Дата:
Which FM did you read?  There are several, but the Admin Guide talks about
disk management in chapter 10.

I put my databases in /home with postmaster running like this:
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D /home/post/data -i

--
Jeremy Buchmann
System Admin/Database Programmer