Re: prob with PERL/Postgres

От Thomas Good
Тема Re: prob with PERL/Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Kate Collins wrote:

> I use the Perl DBI module to connect to a postgres data base on the local
> system.  I don't specify the host name.  This is the syntax I use to connect to
> the data base:
>
> use DBI;
>
> $dbname = "foo";
> $connstr = "dbi:Pg:dbname=$dbname";
> $dbh = DBI->connect($connstr);

Kate, he uses a diff module by the same author (Edmund Mergl) but with
a very diff syntax.  The advantage of the DBI  -  Kris, if you're interested -
is that the syntax is much like ESQL/C and the code is much more portable.
For example I use DBI to access both pg and oracle.

Cheers,
Tom

> Kristopher Yates wrote:
>
> > PERL SNIPPET:
> >
> > # build arrays from file (OMITTED)
> >
> > use Pg;
> > $dbhost='127.0.0.1';
> > $dbname='mpact';
> > #$connstr="dbname=$dbname";
> > $connstr="host=$dbhost dbname=$dbname";
> > $conn = Pg::connectdb($connstr);
> >
> > #more code related to date omitted
> >
> >     $result=$conn->exec($sql);
> >     (PGRES_COMMAND_OK eq $result->resultStatus)
> >     or  die $conn->errorMessage;
> >
> > WHY DO I GET PQsendQuery() -- There is no connection to the
> > backend.  I have tried leaving host blank, using IP 127.0.0.1 and
> > hostname localhost.  This script should work - the problem is
> > something with postgres but I dont know what.  Any ideas out
> > there?  Thanks,  Kris

> --
> Katherine (Kate) L. Collins
> Senior Software Engineer/Meteorologist
> Weather Services International (WSI Corporation)
> 900 Technology Park Drive
> Billerica, MA 01821
> EMAIL: kcollins@wsi.com
> PHONE: (978) 262-0610
> FAX: (978) 262-0700
> http://www.intellicast.com

Thomas Good                          tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
Programmer/Analyst                              Phone:  718-354-5528
Residential Services                            Mobile: 917-282-7359
/*           Die Wahrheit Ist Irgendwo Da Draussen...             */