Re: prob with PERL/Postgres

От clayton
Тема Re: prob with PERL/Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Kristopher Yates wrote:

>PERL SNIPPET:
>
># build arrays from file (OMITTED)
>
>use Pg;
>$dbhost='127.0.0.1';
>$dbname='mpact';
>#$connstr="dbname=$dbname";
>$connstr="host=$dbhost dbname=$dbname";
>$conn = Pg::connectdb($connstr);
>
>#more code related to date omitted
>
>    $result=$conn->exec($sql);
>    (PGRES_COMMAND_OK eq $result->resultStatus)
>    or  die $conn->errorMessage;
>
>WHY DO I GET PQsendQuery() -- There is no connection to the
>backend.  I have tried leaving host blank, using IP 127.0.0.1 and
>hostname localhost.  This script should work - the problem is
>something with postgres but I dont know what.  Any ideas out
>there?  Thanks,  Kris

>http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/faq.html

have you checked your /etc/host file?
as well is your loopback on ?

what about your pg_hba.conf
it should probably have ,by default:
---pg_hba.conf----
# By default, allow anything over UNIX domain sockets and localhost.
local        all                                           trust
host         all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255     trust
---pg_hba.conf----
you can use stonger security consult the Pg docs on that!
its been a while since ive looked at them

here is how i connect::

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;
use Pg;
my $command="select * from write;";
my $conninfo = "dbname=write  user=www password=Apache1312 host=localhost";
my $conn = Pg::connectdb($conninfo);
if (Pg::PGRES_CONNECTION_OK == $conn->status){
my  $result = $conn->exec($command);
if (Pg::PGRES_TUPLES_OK == $result->resultStatus) {           while (my @row = $result->fetchrow) {
print join (" ",@row);       }   }
}