Re: float8 failed regression test.

От Karlos Z. Smith
Тема Re: float8 failed regression test.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
After messing around with it I noticed that ./configure was using the
"linux" template not the "linux-elf" template...

I edited the linux-elf template to include '-m486' and then ran
configure --with-template=linux-elf

geometry still fails due to minor precision, no big deal. float8 does not
fail anymore...

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Karlos Z. Smith wrote:

> I am running Linux 2.0.34 on a Pentium 200MMX w/64MB
> After installing PostgreSQL I ran the regression tests as suggested in the
> INSTALL file.  Both float8 and geometry failed.  Geometry fail due to a
> precision error in the 13th decimal place, I'm not worried about that
> execpt that Linux was listed as the reference platform and should not fail
> anything.  The one that concerns me is the float8:
>
> diff -w expected/float8.out results
> 200c200,208
> < ERROR:  pow() result is out of range
> ---
> > bad|?column?
> > ---+--------
> >    |0
> >    |NaN
> >    |NaN
> >    |NaN
> >    |NaN
> > (5 rows)
> >

> Ideas? Help?  I couldn't find anything in the mail list archive or the FAQ
> reguarding this problem.
> _____
> "To err is human, to forgive is beyond the scope of the Operating System"

_____
"To err is human, to forgive is beyond the scope of the Operating System"