float8 failed regression test.

От Karlos Z. Smith
Тема float8 failed regression test.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I am running Linux 2.0.34 on a Pentium 200MMX w/64MB
After installing PostgreSQL I ran the regression tests as suggested in the
INSTALL file.  Both float8 and geometry failed.  Geometry fail due to a
precision error in the 13th decimal place, I'm not worried about that
execpt that Linux was listed as the reference platform and should not fail
anything.  The one that concerns me is the float8:

diff -w expected/float8.out results
200c200,208
< ERROR:  pow() result is out of range
---
> bad|?column?
> ---+--------
>    |0
>    |NaN
>    |NaN
>    |NaN
>    |NaN
> (5 rows)

Ideas? Help?  I couldn't find anything in the mail list archive or the FAQ
reguarding this problem.
_____
"To err is human, to forgive is beyond the scope of the Operating System"