Re: Performance

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: Performance
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, [iso-8859-1] Johan Segernäs wrote:

> And running postgresql on a P133 with 64 meggs of RAM using debian woody.
> How many users will that box be able to serve?
>
> I'm running apache/php on another machine and the database will have
> questions and answers for some exams in it. Nothing hard, just text.

 Depends on:

 - RAM
 - I/O operations (do you run UPDATE, INSERT very often?)
 - fsync() setting (-F or 7.1)
 - size of DB
 - size of data transfered between client-server
 - number of used tables in typical query

 - and more and more.. :-)

 ..cca you need for each connected client 2Mb + x RAM (where 'x'
   depend on processed data). Not is problem create table and write query
   that spend all your memory.

                Karel