RE: Performance

От Johan Segernäs
Тема RE: Performance
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

> On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, [iso-8859-1] Johan Segernäs wrote:
> > And running postgresql on a P133 with 64 meggs of RAM using
> debian woody.
> > How many users will that box be able to serve?
> >
> > I'm running apache/php on another machine and the database
> will have
> > questions and answers for some exams in it. Nothing hard, just text.
>
>  Depends on:
>
>  - RAM

64 MB EDO

>  - I/O operations (do you run UPDATE, INSERT very often?)

No, very seldom. It'll be for serving questions and check for the right answer to the question.
We'll only do INSERT/UPDATE when adding users, adding new questions and so on.

?

>  - size of DB
>  - size of data transfered between client-server
>  - number of used tables in typical query

As I said, it's gonna be for an exam-system with around 150 questions around 100 chars long.
With answers for each and every one.

No big amount of data.