Re: Query cache import?

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: Query cache import?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> I never saw much traffic regarding Karel's work on making stored
> proceedures:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~alfred/karel-pgsql.txt
>
> What happened with this?  It looked pretty interesting. :(
It's probably a little about me :-) ... well,
 My query cache is in usable state and it's efficient for all
things those motivate me to work on this.
some basic features:
- share parsed plans between backends in shared memory- store plans to private backend hash table- use parameters for
storedqueries- better design for SPI         - memory usage for saved plans        - save plans "by key"

The current query cache code depend on 7.1 memory management. After
official 7.1 release I prepare patch with query cache+SPI (if not
hit me over head, please ..)
All what will doing next time not depend on me, *it's on code developers*.
For example Jan has interesting idea about caching all plans which
processing backend. But it's far future and IMHO we must go by small
steps to Oracle's funeral :-)
If I need the query cache in the my work (typical for some web+pgsql) or
will some public interest I will continue on this, if not I freeze it.
(Exists more interesting work like http://mape.jcu.cz ... sorry of
advertising :-)
                Karel