Re: full text indexing

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: full text indexing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006, chris smith wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just wondering which full text module is better & what the differences
> are between tsearch and fti ?

if you need online indexing and linguistic support (dictionaries, stop
words, ranking) tsearch2 is fine. If your data are static and you need
only strict search, fti could works for you.
We hope to develop inverted index support for tsearch2 this year, though.

> The table in question has roughly 80,000 rows.

how many unique words and how long are documents ?

> Thanks!
> --
> Postgresql & php tutorials
> http://www.designmagick.com/

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83