Re: full text indexing

От Chris
Тема Re: full text indexing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Mar 2006, chris smith wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just wondering which full text module is better & what the differences
>> are between tsearch and fti ?
>
> if you need online indexing and linguistic support (dictionaries, stop
> words, ranking) tsearch2 is fine. If your data are static and you need
> only strict search, fti could works for you.
> We hope to develop inverted index support for tsearch2 this year, though.
>

>> The table in question has roughly 80,000 rows.
>

> how many unique words and how long are documents ?

I think I'll stick to tsearch, it seems to work pretty well.

I created the words list from one table (2 columns) for fti. 2.6G file
and almost 200 million records, and took up almost 8.5G of space in the
database.

I was going to see if I could do a speed comparison between the two but
ran out of space before I could create the indexes on this table.

Hmm. Might try it on a different table and see what happens, I'm
interested to see the differences (if any) between the results :)

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/