Re: users & groups

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: users & groups
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, R D wrote:

> Hi,I need a secondary passwd files because I do not
> know another way to manage user access to DBs.

That's what I thought.

> If there was a pg_shadow in every DB replacing external passwd file,

Hmm, that would be in semi-violation of SQL, since users are supposed to
be global. We've been thinking about making per-database *passwords* for
each user, but I don't think this buys a lot.

> Or maybe it would be better and more reasonable to use a table in
> every database with the list of users who can access the database and
> their privileges on it.

That could be a problem. Assume you delete all users from that table. How
do you get back in and add any? But something like this is clearly needed,
it just can't be in the database -- probably pg_hba.conf.