Re: New jdbc website

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: New jdbc website
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004, Serguei Mokhov wrote:

> > Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 12:46:18 -0500 (EST)
> > From: Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com>
> > Subject: Re: New jdbc website
>
> > > One thing; I'm not familiar with apache forrest, but if it requires java
> > > or whatever we may have to talk to Marc about getting the libraries, etc
> > > put on the server.
> >
> > Yes, Forrest is a Java project, but the site is completely static.
> > The entire site is generated at once, so there is no need for Java on
> > the server.
>
> What about adding a possibily to translate the web site at some point in
> time? Does Forrest allow that? Say generate the translated strings off
> the pages, and the create several static versions, one per language?

It certainly seems possible, but it's not a built-in feature.  I'm also a
little skeptical of the community stepping up to provide and maintain
these translations.  I also don't know if there's really a demand for
this.

I'm personally not planning on working on this.  It would be nice, but
being from the US I just don't care.

Kris Jurka