Re: Re: Call for platforms

От bpalmer
Тема Re: Re: Call for platforms
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > > OpenBSD 2.8 x86    7.1 2001-03-22, B. Palmer (first name?)
> > Though it does work,  like FBSD,  there are some changes that need to be
> > made to the system.  Need max proc / files changes and a kernel recompile
> > with SEMMNI and SEMMNS changes.  Anywhere special to note this?
>
> So more-or-less the *same* configuration as is required for FBSD? If so,
> I could note that in the comments part of the platform support table.

The kernel changes are the same,  but OBSD needs the max proc, max open
file settings changes (no reboot required).

> I'm not sure if either one (OBSD, FBSD) is actually explicitly
> documented for PostgreSQL (I don't see a FAQ, and am not sure if there
> is something in the sgml docs). Does anyone know if and where these
> things are noted?

http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/postgres/kernel-resources.html

This is the closest thing to docs.  kernel-resources for specific OSs.

- b

b. palmer,  bpalmer@crimelabs.net
pgp:  www.crimelabs.net/bpalmer.pgp5

Сообщение: Re: odbc/UnixWare 7.1.1: No Go.
Сообщение: Re: odbc/UnixWare 7.1.1: No Go.