Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group  ("Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 8 Dec 2002, Josh Berkus wrote:

> But once Postgres has been packaged, we need to have a group making a
> loud enough noise to get the world to pay attention.   I'm not asking
> everyone on this list to participate, but I am asking everyone on this
> list to recognize the utility of the effort.

Here are my main problems with it.

1) They're marketing to those that are already sold on it.
2) They are, or at least were, insisting that I join their list to  stay informed on what they're doing.
3) They need to learn HOW to market from someone who knows (not me)  how or they'll never be taken seriously.

That's all I'm going to say on this subject.

Vince.
-- Fast, inexpensive internet service 56k and beyond!  http://www.pop4.net/  http://www.meanstreamradio.com
http://www.unknown-artists.com       Internet radio: It's not file sharing, it's just radio.