Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com> writes:
> 1) They're marketing to those that are already sold on it.

I think the upshot of the prior discussion was that the outside press
release shouldn't have been used as the release announcement for the
existing mailing lists.  Fine, they made a one-time mistake.

> 2) They are, or at least were, insisting that I join their list to
>    stay informed on what they're doing.

It seems to me that people have made it perfectly clear that they don't
want to hear about marketing on the -hackers or -general lists.  Taking
it to a marketing-specific list seems like exactly the right response.
Where do you think it should be discussed?