session detect and terminate

От Jie Liang
Тема session detect and terminate
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

Does postgresql has a way to detect a lock, like Oracle:
update ...... nowait????
Does postgres(or dba) has a privalege to kill a user session inside
the database, like Oracle: kill session.

I believe they are very useful, I have a web based java application
communicate with postgresql via jdbc.
sometime the application will be unexpectly crashed, but the connection
with database is still exist even I close all IE windows. With dead
application open another window often cause trouble.
using unix command 'kill' is not a good solution, so I 'd like find a way
to detect user's session when loading application, and kill the residual
dead session.

thanks.

Jie LIANG

St. Bernard Software