Re: [HACKERS] Autoconf versions

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Autoconf versions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 14 Mar 1999, Tom Lane wrote:

> I notice that some of the people committing configure fixes are using
> autoconf 2.13 while some are still on 2.12.  This is a Bad Thing ---
> it's not only generating huge diffs at each commit, but we don't know
> which script version we've got day to day.
>
> We need to standardize what version is being used.  2.13 is probably
> the right choice, unless anyone knows of serious bugs in it.  (I'm
> still on 2.12 myself but am willing to upgrade.)
>
> An alternative possibility is to stop keeping configure in the CVS
> repository, but that would mean expecting everyone who uses the CVS
> sources to have autoconf installed ... I suspect that's a bad idea.

Well, you've totally lost me here, on what exactly the problem
is...especially with you last statement.  If there is a problem with
various users using 2.13 vs 2.12, how is that fixed by removing configure
from CVS and relying on ppl having autoconf installed?

What sort of problems are you noticing?  I'm running 2.13 at home and 2.12
on hub, so I interchangeably commit depending on the machine I'm on
*shrug*

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org