Re: [HACKERS] int 8 on FreeBSD

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] int 8 on FreeBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Holm Tiffe wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>
> > Agreed, but, as far as I've seen so far (and I use FreeBSD myself, and
> > hate it),
>
> Why you use it ?

I knew after I typed that that I had worded it wrong...I hate the way it
installs various ports, like tk/tcl ... I don't hate FreeBSD itself...

> > FreeBSD is the only one that confuses the whole mess by doing
> > this :(
>
> I think, this is because FreeBSD has learned. There was a time who Tcl/Tk
> versions where released nearly every day. FreeBSD has had an "imported"
> tcl version in it's source dist. All Tcl versions where incomatible
> to each other this time, and I've had to work around this several times.
> The current behavior of FreeBSD is the only one solution for this.
> Think of Linux, which libc today ?

The "only one solution for this" is the standard/accepted one by everyone
*except* for FreeBSD, that is *why* we have standards...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org